CONTRA – INDICATIONS
Massage is given for the purpose of relaxation and support. It is very unlikely that your medical condition will disqualify you from receiving it. The strokes will be always within your comfort.
There are several conditions when massage is totally contra-indicated.
Massage should not be performed at all
- Under influence of alcohol and/or drugs (at least 12h before treatment)
- Fever and/or flu
- When you generally don’t feel well, extremely weak, clinically exhausted
Some conditions require medical approval if you suffer from any of the following conditions – speak to your doctor first:-
- Heart or circulatory conditions, high or low blood pressure
- Kidney infections/disorders or any other ailments of the internal organs
- Nervous or psychotic conditions, epilepsy
- AIDS or HIV
Local contra-indications (massage can be performed over the rest of the body)
Bruising, inflammation, pain, cuts, abrasions, sunburns, scar tissue, tenderness,
Oedema, allergies/skin sensitivities, excessive sweating, hernia
Recent fractures, strains or sprains
Major or minor surgery (within the last 18 months).
Areas of localised contagious skin disorders (eg verucca, athletes foot, psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis)
The abdomen during the first three months of pregnancy.